Release 0.8.4 (November 29, 2017)¶
- NiFi-1.4.0 support
- Enhanced Operations Manager dashboard with better performance
- SLA improvements including customizable SLA email templates
- Enhanced operations streaming statistics supporting more viewing options
- Ability to clone an existing Feed
- Visual query enhancements. The Transform Data step has been improved with UI enhancements including a context menu when clicking on a row or highlighting text.
- Preview validation errors. Apply domain types in a Data Transformation feed and preview which rows are invalid.
- Secure installation. Default usernames and passwords can be customized during installation to ensure a secure environment.
- Global search enhancements. Deleting a feed will remove its data from search results. Re-processing same data via a feed will not duplicate search results.
- 136 Issues fixed
Upgrade Instructions from v0.8.3¶
- Stop NiFi:
service nifi stop
- Backup any Kylo plugins
When Kylo is uninstalled it will backup configuration files, but not the /plugin jar files. If you have any custom plugins in either kylo-services/plugin or kylo-ui/plugin then you will want to manually back them up to a different location.
- Uninstall Kylo:
- Install the new RPM:
rpm –ivh <RPM_FILE>
Global search configuration (only applicable if using Elasticsearch):
5.1. This step to create kylo indexes may already have been performed as part of v0.8.3 installation. If indexes already exist, Elasticsearch will report an
index_already_exists_exception. It is safe to ignore this and continue.
Change the host and port if necessary. The last two parameters define num-shards and num-replicas, and can be kept as 1 for development environment.
/opt/kylo/bin/create-kylo-indexes-es.sh localhost 9200 1 1
5.2. If using Elasticsearch v5, update the Index Text Service feed. This step should be done once Kylo services are started and Kylo is up and running. [Note: This requires NiFi 1.3 or later]
Import the feed
index_text_service_v2.feed.zipfile available at
/opt/kylo/setup/data/feeds/nifi-1.3. Click ‘Yes’ for these options during feed import (a) Overwrite Feed (b) Replace Feed Template (c) Replace Reusable Template.
5.3. If using Elasticsearch v2, install an additional plugin to support deletes. If required, change the location to where Elasticsearch is installed.
sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/plugin install delete-by-query service elasticsearch restart
Restore previous application.properties files. If you have customized the the application.properties, copy the backup from the 0.8.3 install.
6.1 Find the /bkup-config/TIMESTAMP/kylo-services/application.properties file
- Kylo will backup the application.properties file to the following location, /opt/kylo/bkup-config/YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_millis/kylo-services/application.properties, replacing the “YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_millis” with a valid time:
6.2 Copy the backup file over to the /opt/kylo/kylo-services/conf folder
### move the application.properties shipped with the .rpm to a backup file mv /opt/kylo/kylo-services/conf/application.properties /opt/kylo/kylo-services/conf/application.properties.0_8_3_template ### copy the backup properties (Replace the YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_millis with the valid timestamp) cp /opt/kylo/bkup-config/YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_millis/kylo-services/application.properties /opt/kylo/kylo-services/conf
6.3 Copy the /bkup-config/TIMESTAMP/kylo-ui/application.properties file to /opt/kylo/kylo-ui/conf
6.4 Ensure the property
security.jwt.keyin both kylo-services and kylo-ui application.properties file match. They property below needs to match in both of these files:
It was previously possible to provide ActiveMQ and AmazonSQS configuration in their respective configuration files called
It is no longer possible and these properties should be moved over to standard Kylo configuration file found in
- NOTE: Kylo no longer ships with the default dladmin user. You will need to re-add this user only if you’re using the default authentication configuration:
- Uncomment the following line in
- Create a file called
users.propertiesfile that is owned by kylo and replace dladmin with a new username and thinkbig with a new password:echo "dladmin=thinkbig" > /opt/kylo/users.properties chown kylo:users /opt/kylo/users.properties chmod 600 /opt/kylo/users.properties
- Create a file called
groups.propertiesfile that is owned by kylo and set the default groups:vi /opt/kylo/groups.propertiesdladmin=admin,user analyst=analyst,user designer=designer,user operator=operations,userchown kylo:users /opt/kylo/groups.properties chmod 600 /opt/kylo/groups.properties
Update the NiFi nars. Run the following shell script to copy over the new NiFi nars/jars to get new changes to NiFi processors and services.
/opt/kylo/setup/nifi/update-nars-jars.sh <NIFI_HOME> <KYLO_SETUP_FOLDER> <NIFI_LINUX_USER> <NIFI_LINUX_GROUP> Example: /opt/kylo/setup/nifi/update-nars-jars.sh /opt/nifi /opt/kylo/setup nifi users
Start NiFi and Kylo
service nifi start /opt/kylo/start-kylo-apps.sh10.1 Once Kylo is up and running, refer back to step 5.2 to update the Index Text Service feed if using Elasticsearch v5.