Entity Access Control For Elasticsearch¶
By default, Kylo indexes category metadata, and feed schema & metadata in Elasticsearch that can be searched via Kylo’s Global Search. This behavior can be turned off, for situations where:
- Entity metadata is considered sensitive
- Entity metadata is not allowed to be searchable
Category metadata index control¶
- Click a category to open its details.
- Edit the Access Control section.
- Scroll down to Index Control.
- Mark YES in checkbox to enable indexing, and NO to disable it.
Feed schema and metadata index control¶
- Click a feed to open its details.
- Click the three dots in the Feed Summary section on top right of page.
- Click Access Control menu item.
- Mark YES in checkbox to enable indexing of feed schema and metadata, and NO to disable it.